Thanks for stopping by my website. I am a science and English teacher, with an emphasis on technology. You can read my résumé here.
Over the years, I've accumulated a number of resources, which I finally decided to put online. You can read more about how this site came to be on the history page.
November, 2013: To improve performance, I have changed my site to a virtual private server. In order to configure it properly, I have to temporarily shut down some of my sites. The sites affected include:
These changes are temporary. Everything should be up and running as normal by the end of November.
August, 2013: Summer school is over, and the school year is just around the corner.
- I finished teaching summer school for Kalamazoo Public Schools. It was a wonderful experience.
- I have a lot of professional development to do in the next couple of weeks. You can see the full schedule here. I also will be working on both Spanish and English curriculum.
- In addition to my regular duties running the Spanish lab at Schoolcraft Community Schools, I will also be teaching one section of American Literature, and will be working on the web site and the district newsletter.
- Now that HTML5 standards are closer to being ready, I am completely recoding this site in HTML5 and CSS3. If you see some pages that don't seem to work correctly, I will get them fixed by the end of the month.
- I have restyled my book blog and will spend as much time as possible catching up on reviews there.
- I have a lot of tutorials to write for my teaching blog, plus a few other pieces to write.
- I have a lot more content to add to this main site as well; I just need to get it organized and published as PDF's. (I'm also working on some ePub's, as well.)
Prior updates are here.
About This Site...
You will find four different types of links on this site:
- A link to an internal page looks like this: English resources.
- A link to an external page looks like this: Google. These generally open in a new browser tab.
- A link that looks like this links to a .pdf file.
- A link that looks like this links to an .epub file, which you can read on a number of electronic devices.
Standards Compliant and Green: I have rewritten the code for this site (HTML, PHP, & CSS) to ensure it is compliant with the latest web standards. Not only is my hosting company Dreamhost a carbon neutral company, but I have designed this site to be print-friendly, so that anything you print uses a minimum amount of paper.