Resume of Kenneth John Odle
It's been a while since I've done any maintenance on these pages. Some things may not work, but I am trying to work out all the bugs.
- English Major — Western Michigan University, December 2010
- Over 45 undergraduate hours in English.
- 12 hours in English methods courses.
- Dean’s List every semester.
- Awarded Nash Scholarship in English Education.
- Member of Sigma Tau Delta, the international English honors society.
- Bachelor of Science — Western Michigan University, June 1995
- Biology major, Group Science Minor.
- Emphasis in Plant Biology and Ecology.
- Teaching Certification — State of Michigan
- Earth/Space Science
- Environmental Science
- Forensic Science
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Life Science
- Organic Chemistry
- Business Writing (offered for English credit)
- Drama (Study of literature)
- Great Books
- Language Arts (middle school only)
- Writing for Publication (e.g. School Newspaper)
- Computer Applications
- Computer Applications
- Computer Literacy
- Introduction to the Internet
- Word Processing
- AP Biology
- d12 Web Design and Development — Owner, 2011-Present
- Custom web site design and hosting
- Installation and design of content management systems: WordPress, Moodle, MediaWiki
- WordPress theme and plugin development
- Web analytics and security
- Fourth Coast Apparel — Co-Owner, 2001-2007
- Graphic design
- Preparation of artwork
- Web design and maintenance
- Substitute Teacher — Portage Public Schools, 2015-16
- Taught in all subject areas, grades 6-8
- Taught primarily at Central High, West Middle, and North Middle
- English Teacher — Kalamazoo Public Schools Summer Program, Summer 2013
- Taught two sections of high school English as part of a credit recovery program
- Physical Science Teacher — Battle Creek Public Schools, 1998-2001
- Taught five sections of ninth-grade physical science
- Mentored new and developing science teachers
- Served on curriculum committee to write and implement new science curriculum
- Served on textbook committee to evaluate and recommended new textbooks
- Mentored and supervised two interns
- Physical Science Teacher — Benton Harbor Area Schools, 1997-1998
- Taught three sections of ninth-grade physical science in a 4 x 4 block
- Using Multicultural Literature to Teach About Social Justice
- MLK Day, Western Michigan University, January 7, 2011.
See also my resource pages on multicultural literature.
- Mind the Gap: Teaching for Reading and Writing Success to the Male Brain
- Michigan Council of Teachers of English Bright Ideas Conference, Lansing, Michigan, April 10, 2010.
- Sigma Tau Delta English Studies Conference, Western Michigan University, November 6, 2009.
You can view the presentation on my resource pages on boys and literacy.
- Member, Sigma Tau Delta — Western Michigan University
- Recipient, Nash Scholarship in English Eduction — Western Michigan University
Please see my writing portfolio.